RSS Feed

08 March 2010

Trader Joe's: Banana Bread


Usually I am an advocate of baking things from scratch, unless I don't have time, or much money. That's when Trader Joe's kicks in!

I ran across this banana bread mix the other day and thought, "well, might as well try it!" So I did. It's great! It took:

Two eggs
1/3 cup veggie oil
3/4 water
45 minutes in the oven
Willing stomachs (of which there were plenty)

The bread turned out really moist, and has kept moist for several days. There are no banana chunks or strings -- it's just a pretty smooth blend of ingredients. I would suggest adding some cinnamon or nutmeg to the dry mix beforehand -- it would have added a really good zing to it! You could also add probably a third cup of nuts of your choice, if you wanted!

Trader Joe's Banana Bread Mix: 3.5 (approx)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to comment! I am not stingy with my opinion, nor should you be! :)