RSS Feed

07 May 2011

Bread and Ink Cafe


Just popped over to Hawthorne for a bit of brunch and catch up with my cousin. I haven't done much breakfasting on this blog (not much of an early riser, I'm afraid) but I probably should!

The Bread and Ink Cafe is a hopping place on a Saturday morning! If you don't have a large party, you should be fine, though.

Contrary to what you might think, they serve much more than just bread and ink. (That was a joke). They serve a variety of breakfast and brunch
items, sweet and savory, local and delicious!

We ordered blueberry pancakes, and Belgian waffles (served with fresh strawberries and whipped cream today), with a side of Carlton Farms sausage patty. They were so pretty, it was hard to actually eat them! I'm most glad I did, however. Drizzled with some of their house syrup, mmmm. The sausage patty was nice and "homey;" round and lumpy and freshly sizzled. Delicious.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to comment! I am not stingy with my opinion, nor should you be! :)