RSS Feed

08 April 2010

Tomissan Marinade Pork Chops


Tomissan contacted me on Twitter, asking if I would like to try their Thai Issan Style Marinade. I said, "Psh, duh!"

So, they sent me a whole bottle of the stuff! I went to the nearest Whole Foods Market (Fremont) and got a few boneless pork chops to fry up. I applied a liberal amount (I'm a liberal, that's how I do everything!) of marinade to the chops in a bowl. I used about a half a cup, ultimately.

The instructions on the bottle say to marinate the meat for at least 20 minutes, but I ended up soaking them for about an hour, and my dad says he wouldn't mind if they were marinated overnight. It all depends on the flavor you want!

We sauteed some mushrooms and onions in with the sauce and the chops, and served it with a green salad, and green beans, and french bread. It was delicious. The sauce was super sweet and tangy -- surprisingly sweet, actually, but it worked wonders with our onions and mushrooms!

You guys should definitely check out Tomissan -- you can find them on Twitter (@tomissan) or at their website: http://www.tomissan.com/ (or click on the link I provided up top. They are great people, and they make great Thai marinade. I will probably make some more with chicken or something in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to comment! I am not stingy with my opinion, nor should you be! :)