RSS Feed

07 May 2010

Jake's Grill


You can't possibly review Portland's restaurant scene and not catch its second-oldest venue on at least one round! Jake's opened in 1892,

I ordered the Northwest Salmon and Halibut Saute. It was, seriously, the most succulent thing I have ever eaten. It was served with Shiitake and oyster mushrooms, infused with sherry and cream sauce, and topped with Oregon Hazelnuts, and raspberries. The rice it was served over was actually the most amazing part. I don't know what the spice was, but it was just perfectly salty and pungent, and when smothered with the sherry sauce, it was (can I say this online?) orgasmic. The fish, of course, was just barely seared into a state of "cooked," and the mushrooms burst with juices. Try a bite with one of the raspberries, tell me what you think!

Also on the PDX Glutton menu was clam chowder. It was awesome. And this is coming from the girl who thought Mo's clam chowder had it made.



I also had the pleasure of eating Jake's Upside Down Walnut Apple Pie, featuring a buttery walnut topping. It took two days to finish!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to comment! I am not stingy with my opinion, nor should you be! :)