RSS Feed

23 June 2011

Cafe Yumm!


For the sake of the uniqueness of Portland I tend to steer clear of chain restaurants, but it would be untrue to say that I NEVER visit them. It would also be untrue to say that they serve bad food just because they are a chain.

Cafe Yumm! sits in the heart of Portland State University, and serves a variation of foods based around rice and beans.

I got the chicken bento bowl. A little background on Bento: traditionally a Japanese cuisine, Bento is a meal consisting of rice, some sort of meat, and vegetables. Fancy word for "this is what I make for dinner every night, man." But Cafe Yumm! serves up a nice little bowl of Bento, for sure.



My dad got a smoky bean soup, which was also quite delicious. All in all: affordable, pretty quick, and and interesting array of meals. Check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to comment! I am not stingy with my opinion, nor should you be! :)